Re: Still Clutch problems

To: "Bill Mantz" <bmantz@roanoke.infi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Still Clutch problems
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 16:10:22 -0800
1.There is ZERO play between the clutch pedal/clevis pin/master pushrod.
2.That the rubber flex line from the frame to the slave cylinder isn't
ballooning.
3That the slave pushrod/clevis pin/ release arm has ZERO play.
4.That the clutch disc isn't in backwards.
5.Has the pressure plate been resurfaced?  An equal amount of material
should be taken off where the step down is, and an equal amount should be
removed from the pressure plate, even if brand new.

There is no spring return at the throw out bearing.  It actually will
lightly ride on the pressure plate when the clutch is disengaged.  Try a
conversion to a roller takeout bearing.
David Riker
63 Falcon
70 Torino