Re: radiator

To: Alex Volk <talla@TELUSPLANET.NET>
Subject: Re: radiator
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:31:05 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Alex Volk wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there really any benefit to changing to a crossflow rad from a downflow

Ron Soave did some reseach, he is a thermo dynamics engineer.
his conclusion was each rad cools the same. I don't remember the specs
but in the end, the ease of removing and draining a down flow outweighed
the cross flow.
I converted to a Geo metro radiator because my small mouth Speedwell
Monza bonnet created real high running temps. The Geo radiator is even
smaller but it must be more efficient because it "works for me" :)
$25 from the junk yard and with the later left exit thermostat cover
from an air pump 1275 engine, even the stock radiator hoses fit.
The automatic tranny Geo metro rad fits, the standard trans Metro has a
slightly taller radiator, it won't fit.
I know it fits under the hood of a square body too. Kevin can vouch for
that.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ