Sweating Oil?

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sweating Oil?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 19:55:08 EST
I have the '79 running pretty good now--I vented the crankcase by tapping a
breather valve into the unused mechanical fuel pump cover and running it
through a PCV valve and on to the brass radiator overflow tank that I
eliminated from the cooling system.  Took the oil pan back off and made a new
gasket--siliconed well, and it should hold.   But I have a massive amount of
oil leakage from the transmission, and I can't locate where it is coming
from.  I think it is sweating oil from every pore in the aluminum cover.
While looking at it the other day after a short drive, I could see it
drip-drip-dripping at the rate of a drop every 2 seconds or so.  What can I
replace with the tranny IN THE CAR to stem this sweating of oil.  At least it
isn't vomiting oil, but that may be next.

--David C.