Soft clutch

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Soft clutch
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:00:07 +0100
Hello (again),

The clutch pedal in my 1973 Midget is very soft and has a quite long
travel.
I guess the first thing to try is to bleed the hydraulics.

Although I am familiar with the basics of blleding clutch or brake
hydraulics I would like to ask is there is anything "Spridget-specific"
I should know before doing this job.
The slave cylinder appears to be quite well hidden - I noticed that the
hydralic pipework disappears under the starter.  Is there an access
panel to get to the slave cylinder form inside the car or do I need to
jack the car up ?

Yes, I have ordered workshop manuals but they have not arrived yet and I
need to get the clutch working...

Rgds,
Ketil