RE: Peace Activist Etiquette ...very little LBC (delete now if yo u don'

To: TeachJP@aol.com, RBHouston@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Peace Activist Etiquette ...very little LBC (delete now if yo u don't like rants)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:49:12 -0500
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Tedgar5555@cs.com, LynchCELynch@aol.com, MSuziMcD@aol.com, michellh.VVMCAMPUS.EPCCVVM@epcc.edu
Ok...I'll play Devil's advocate...

So...John...If Rob followed his line of reasoning on you...what would you
do?
 Would you resort to being "incompetent"?

Based on your email...are you a teacher? If so, what do you tell your
students about the war? do you stay neutral and allow them to draw their own
thoughts or do you add your feelings to persuade them to your side?

I'm ex-military and feel war is a very ugly thing BUT you can't rescue
people oppressed by a cruel dictator by showing up at the door step in a
flower covered yellow MG Midget. (LBC content).
I'm not saying there are no other underlying reasons for this
conflict...there always are in ANY war.
We as a nation have become very complacent with our quality of life. We have
not suffered nor seen the realities of war since Vietnam. Then again...the
World has become a smaller place since the 1800's. We now have ways for
people around the world to act on one another (violently or otherwise) that
didn't exist during the Revolutionary War, or the Civil War. We have people
that HATE us (Americans) because of what we have (this is known as ENVY). If
you lead a country with cruelty and let your citizens only see what you want
and burry you hatred in a mask of religion...guess what...the people only
know hatred and it seems right to them.

As an educated American Veteran, I will support our troops now and when they
return home. You will NEVER see me act as those did during an after the
Vietnam War. There is a VERY valid goal to removing Saddam and I will always
support that. As for children around me...I will ALWAYS allow them to draw
their own conclusions. I will say it APPALLS me to know that Teachers in our
school systems have told young students (6 yrs old und up) that their
parents(military kids' parents) are doing something wrong, illegal, immoral.
Would I deck a teacher that told my son or daughter that while I was serving
or even now...DAMN STRAIGHT I WOULD!

Sorry to use this bandwidth...I will step down off my soap box now.

Dan

Dan Dwelley
(207) 941-5855
Dan.Dwelley@ps.ge.com

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- Albert Einstein.