RE: spridgets-digest V1 #2022

To: <b.woodward@insightbb.com>
Subject: RE: spridgets-digest V1 #2022
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:04:02 -0500
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h2PI5B0K021021
I had the same problem when I mixed a later type fuel sender (post '67 I
believe), with an earlier gauge.

The earl sender produces a resistance of approximately 100 ohms when full, 10
when empty.  The later type produces about 15 when full and 260 when empty.
The result was that the gauge showed VERY full when the tank was empty, and
empty when it was actually full.  Fitting the original type sender fixed the
problem.

Phil