Spridget Starting Problems

To: valntine@ptd.net
Subject: Spridget Starting Problems
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:06:02 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
I've had Bugsy's starter crap out / lock up on me twice now. Turn Key, solenoid
makes noise, nothing happens. There is a 1/4 square knob sticking out of the
end of the starter. I now carry a small adjustable wrench in the car so that I
can rotate, I believe clockwise, the 1/4 square knob. Bendix drive can now
engage properly, and Bugsy starts right up. This problem of course seems to
occur without any warning and last time it occurred was almost a year ago. I
got stuck once, know what was wrong immediately the other day. Took 2 minutes
to fix. Just one of the idiosynchracies of driving a LBC.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH