Re: oiled starter

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oiled starter
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:32:47 -0600
> I wouldn't worry about doing all that.  If you had used oil, like 3 in 1
or
> motor oil, it would probably be a bad thing.  Graphite doesn't tend to get
> oily and sticky and probably won't cause a problem.

I would agree with you Allen, except that she specifically said "graphite
oil", not graphite. In this case I tend to believe that graphite oil would
be worse than plain oil. Paraffin, assuming that you are using it the
English sense of kerosene as documented in the front of your beloved Haynes
Manual (no, I am not making fun of you. If I had to choose only one manual
to own for my Midgets, it would be Haynes), not in the canning sense as in
paraffin wax, should be adequate. Carb/brake cleaner would probably do as
well.
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
1973 RWA Project