Re: Peace Activist Etiquette NO LBC

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Peace Activist Etiquette NO LBC
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:27:48 -0700
Cc: RBHouston@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
I was really hoping that the list would stay away from this.
As a Veteran with a CIB, I'll say that I'm 100% behind the military and
I hope that they can complete the mission in which they are tasked by
our political leadership.  And that they can conduct war ruthlessly,
unfettered by political crap. The dogs of war once unleashed  should be
an awesome and terrible thing.
That said, I personally feel that this war is the result of agendas of
a few, led by Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz and sold to us
under the guise of "preemptive" self-defense. the term hood-winked
comes to mind.
I don't consider myself a peace activist and would happily dispatch Bin
Laden to Allah with extreme prejudice.
But the precedence of invading a sovereign nation (evil as it may be)
gives me pause and fills me with regret.
I agree with Robert most of the time , but if he punches me, he best be
ready for a two by four  in response. ;-) (big wink)
--
Jay Shaffer
ITC #66