New head, new problem

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New head, new problem
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:27:22 -0500
Race car and/or hopped up Spridget owners

I just had a head ported and had rimflow valves installed.
all new, all checked by a competent machinist. Car runs very well.
BUT.... Now when after a down shift on accelleration, the car pulses.
It's hard to explain. Like the distributor weights are vibrating or the
fuel is sputtering into the jets. It happens after a turn, after I down
shift but only noticable on accelleration, and it happens sometimes
taking off from a dead stop when hard on the gas.
Nothing was changed prior to the head and this problem was not there
before the new head went on.
It does go away once I reach cruising or a steady speed.

any ideas?
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ