Re: Jumping Speedo

To: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>, "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>, "Brad Fornal" <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Jumping Speedo
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:40:57 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
yeah, they have a few common problems that are cable related:
1: is that 1 strand of the inner braided (if ya wanna call it that?) has
broken and is catching during it's rotation in the outer shielding.
2: the inner cable has an unnatural kink or bend in it causing binding in it
rotation in the outer housing.
AND, the number one answer that no body want's to hear is:
the spedometer drive gear on the tail shaft is no longer secure and slipping
!
now of course ya might have a dry spedo head and after the few years that
have passed since the manufacture of the unit, and it might have dried out
lubricant in some of the moving parts but that is highly unlikely (but
possible!).

chuck
been there...broke that!