Re: Peace Activist Etiquette ...very little LBC (delete now if y ou don

Subject: Re: Peace Activist Etiquette ...very little LBC (delete now if y ou don't like replies to rants)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:27:01 -0600
Cc: dan.dwelley@ps.ge.com, grday@btinternet.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
dan.dwelley@ps.ge.com wrote:

> As for your thoughts...you have a right. But when your kids come home and
> are crying and severely upset because some stupid peacenik teacher with not
> half a clue tells them their parents are bad people because they are doing
> their job... I TAKE F*&KING ISSUE WITH THAT!!! That IS MY right!

Since my daughter was in 3rd grade, my wife and I have struggled to keep her in
private school. Not because I feel the education is significantly better, but
because as a PAYING parent, we have more say in what happens at the school. The
second year she was in public school, she was hit on the head with a chair by
another student. SHE was found at fault!!! SHE was disciplined. The hispanic
student was in the teachers favor. I got down there and ripped the teacher a new
one, I had tampons handy to control the bleeding. This little piece of shit kept
looking for relief to my wife. She ignored his pleaful looks and let me have at
him. The teachers hands are often tied as far as what they can or cannot do to a
student, but don't punish the bleeding child when the obvious culprit (the one
holding the chair) should be the one at the principals office. Many of you know
am not a very vocal person, I am usually quiet and subdued (SHUT UP ED!!) but
man, this still pisses me off to this day.
Brad