Re: Insight - NO LBC

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Insight - NO LBC
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:41:20 -0500
I think that most of the world is 'stressed' to some degree about this war.
I find myself stressed at the position of my government.  ( I use the term
'government' loosely. )  The Liberal government, according to reports, feels
quite smug about their stance, while it seems the populace does not support
anti-americanism ( okay, so I used the term american, while I normally say
USians, forgive me this indiscretion. ( I live in the Americas too ) ).  I
want this government gone, and this is not the only reason, but I have but
one measly(sp) vote.  Virtually powerless to decide my destiny.

Five days a week, I drive by the Prime Minister's house, the USian Embassy,
National Defence headquarters and RCMP headquarters.  I'm a fairly observant
guy, and I can't help but notice changes in the landscape.  I won't go into
details, for obvious reasons.  The world has changed drastically in the last
year and a half.  Or, at least our perception has.

Personally, I notice that a few people, on and off the list, are not being
themselves.  Go easy on them.  These are troubling times for the pros and
cons alike.  I don't think that you can read too much about what someone
would do in normal circumstances by what they do when they are very
stressed.

Is 'Rusty' your name, or that of your spridget? : )

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON  Canada
'65 RHD Sprite
'67 RHD Midget < aka Miss Marple >