Re: No LBC-BSA Just plain ranting (and really long)

To: Loud Sprite <loudsprite@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: No LBC-BSA Just plain ranting (and really long)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:26:12 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
The company that I used to work for has many same sex couples. I believe that
all
of us know who they are. I never heard any of them called by a derogatory name.
Some of them are liked by everyone that works with them, and some have been
promoted to management positions. One was a major mistake, but that is just my
opinion, which I believe I am entitled to. That does not mean that she is not a
nice person, just that I think she is not really qualified for the position she
is attempting to fill. There are other individuals that I would always strive to
not be in the same room with, unless someone else were there also. The male
employees felt the same, possibly for better reasons. Merely the act of a man
breathing was considered sexual harrassment by these persons. This is the type
of
person that I have a problem with. I could care less what you and your partner
do. Who you choose to love is your business. What I object to is the people who
try to shove THEIR chosen lifestyle down MY throat. I don't do that to them, can
I not receive the same courtesy in return? The first couple that I mentioned are
friends of mine. They are lovely people who have invited me to their home, as I
have done them. They are welcome anytime. Just because I prefer a heterosexual
relationship is no reason that these good people cannot be my friends and also
my
husband's. I would not stop to help the other person if I saw her broken down on
the freeway in a blizzard, let alone invite her to my home.
As far as your preference goes, it is none of my business. I believe in
accepting
people at face value. If you strike me as a decent person, I will be happy to
call you a friend. I would suggest that you and your wife consider Eugene,
Oregon
for your new home. The "political climate" is probably going to be to your
liking. In addition, same sex partners are permitted to register as couples, and
most businesses offer benefits to partners regardless of marital status. Where
ever you choose to go, I wish you the best. It is never easy bucking what
society
considers normal. I did it while proudly wearing a Navy uniform at a time when
it
was very unpopular to do so.

Kate
'72 MG Midget