Re: 5 speed gears

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 5 speed gears
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 06:41:24 -0600
> My Bugeye has a Corolla 5-speed in it.  The PO did it -- did a very nice
job
> of it, too, but I don't know of any kit for it -- it's all
home-engineered.

http://www.conversioncomp.co.nz/results.html?category=MG&submit.x=26&submit.
y=24
has a kit for the toyota "Starlet" 5-speed into an A-Series Midget. I have
seen good reviews of it, but I have not seen one done. Considering that it
comes with:

>>>Adapter plate, starter cover casting, pilot bearing. All bolts, screws,
dowels.
Clutch plate (conversion 7 1/4")
Pressure plate 7 1/4"
Gearbox, Toyota 5 Speed, rebuilt layshaft bearings, including modifications
to clear starter motor
Thrust bearing carrier and new thrust bearing
Bracket for slave cylinder, reco slave cylinder, clutch push rod, clutch
fork
Speedo cable with right angle drive

the price isn't too bad even with shipping. I looked into it a few years
ago. I do not remember the price, but I do not recall falling to the ground
and writhing inthe agonies of sticker shock.
David Lieb
RWA Midgets