Re: Midget Shocks...

To: Tracey Converse <tconverse@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Shocks...
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:44:58 +1000
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Tracey,

20 wt motorcycle fork oil is what you want.

Conversely (couldn't resist - sorry), you could use Automatic transmission
fluid.

Both of these products are approximately the correct weight and include the
approporiate anti-foaming and temp sensitive additives to help the shocks
to work consistently.

Don't go much heavier than that (I have used 30wt fork oil on a competition
car, but you should stick to 20wt for the street).

BTW, if they leak, or if the lever arm doesn't move smoothly across the
whole range, you might as well send them off for a rebuild straight
away and save your self the trouble of pulling them of again in a
little while.

Peter C is your best bet on shock rebuilding. You can get him at
nosimport@mailbag.com (World Wide Imports in Madison WI). I, along with
a large number of others on this list, am a very satisfied customer of
Peter's.

Mike