Re: 356 Handling NOW old vs. new sports cars

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: 356 Handling NOW old vs. new sports cars
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 08:10:43 -0400
Cc: "Jay Shaffer" <shaf@zenten.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
i have had numerous life experiences wich others might not have been so
blessed!
rides in a P-51 mustang and a spitfire!  myfather tuned a late 50's ferrari
coupe that i always went for the test rides in!   jaguars of the 50's
through the 70's (120's on up almost the entire range!) mini's , very early
beetles, porshe's of almost evry size and description , vintage aircraft
from a ford tri motor to a stinson reliant, homebuilt aircraft from
frightengly spartan to very fancy.   evry one had it's own smell, it's own
feel, and for those who have been mechanically intimate you know their
mechanical soul.    the bugeye i own fits right into that description.  the
timelessness of it's design and no matter  as to it being bone stock or in
pure racing trim, that car invigorates me.   no stereo, next to no heat, one
speed wipers, so little upholstry that it almost defies being called an
interior and yet i find it attractive in my own way.   the moment i get into
the car it brings certain feelings to life.  and once it comes to life the
experience becomes full circle!   life is short man!  when i want to be
entertained i go and get a full dose of what ever i need to!  and certain
days.....i just need to stop at my garage and visit my car!
it's all good!
yup chris, the new toy on the block fulfills some needs but ya can never
turn your back on the car that makes just as strong a statement!
ice, snow, and road salt today!   so i must put off the excursion to the
garage for a bit yet.   and this year i'm going to untape my headlights.   i
think it's time for a late night ride in the country after so many years of
it being a daylight only car.

chuck.