Floating?

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, sprite mod list <spridgets-mod@autox.team.net>
Subject: Floating?
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 17:39:42 -0400
I caught this from a friend. I never tried it.
Infact, We never heard of it!
What do you folks think?
Me thinks the wet part won't hold the paint.
  Larger parts were "floated" - you take a 5 gallon or larger (as
needed) bucket and fill it 2/3 the way up with water. Then, I poured a
1/4" thick (or so) layer of Rustoleum enamel on top of the water (it
will float on the surface) then you gently lower the larger bits like
"A" arms etc in the bucket on a coat hanger - all the way down, pull
them gently out - and have an area somehwere set up already that you can
hang the coat-hangers up and let the paint drip off. This leaves a
thicker coat (than spraying)of paint on items that need to be more
durable - it leaves a VERY smooth fininsh - and you're not inhaling all
kinds of thinners floating around your garage from spraying, and you
really don't use much paint.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ