Dennis Miller Rant? NO LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Dennis Miller Rant? NO LBC
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 19:02:26 EDT
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Ok, nobody sign off the list because I sent this OK?  Feel free to disagree
OK?  Someone sent me this and it is attributed to Dennis Miller.  It
certainly fits his style, but I couldn't verify it was his.  I put it on my
sig line, but it's a bit long.

All the rhetoric on whether or not we should go to
war against Iraq has got my little brain spinning
like a top. I enjoy reading opinions from both sides,
but I've detected a hint of confusion from some of
you. Maybe this can help.

As I was reading the paper recently, I was
reminded of the best advice anyone ever gave me.
He told me about the "KISS" method ("Keep It
Simple, Stupid!"). So with this as a theme, I'd
like to apply this theory for those who don't quite
get it. My hope is that we can simplify things and
recognize a few important facts.

Here are ten things to consider when voicing an
opinion on this important issue:

(1) Between President Bush and Saddam Hussein ...
Hussein is the bad guy.

(2) If you have faith in the Useless Nations to do the
right things, keep this in mind: the UN has Libya
heading the Committee on Human Rights and Iraq
heading the Global Disarmament Committee. Do
your own math here.

(3) If you use a Google or Yahoo search and type
in "French Military Victories," don't be surprised if
your computer panics at its inability to respond
to your inquiry.

(4) If your only anti-war slogan is "No War For Oil,"
hire a pit bull lawyer and sue your school district for
having allowed you to slip through the cracks and
robbing you of the minimum education that any
non-troglodyte deserves.

(5) You can take this one to the bank: Saddam
and bin Laden will NOT seek UN approval before
they try to kill us.

(6) Despite common belief among some, Martin
Sheen is NOT the President. He only plays one
on TV.

(7) If you are anti-war and even an outright
"America Basher," to bin Laden you are still
an "infidel" whom he wants dead.

(8) Be careful: if you believe in a "vast right-wing
conspiracy," but not in the danger that Hussein
poses, the only job you may be able to get is as
an Ivy League college professor.

(9) Even multi-culturalists who try to browbeat us
into believing that all cultures are equally deserving
of respect have trouble explaining the past 500 years
of Islam.

(10) Whether you are for or against military action,
our young men and women overseas are fighting to
defend our right to speak out on these issues. They
deserve our unreserved support.

Robert Houston
"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill
is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war
becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it
is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the Axis -- an
American decision that this is sport, or that it is business."
-<A HREF="http://www.quoteland.com/author.asp?AUTHOR_ID=515";>D. W. Brogan</A>,