Quick Shift(was smoothcase idea?)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Quick Shift(was smoothcase idea?)
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 19:42:38 -0400
Has anyone ever tried lightening the gears to reduce the energy stored in
the spinning gears??  This would allow the synchros to slow and work gear
changes a bit easier.

There has been a lot of talk of doing this in older Alfa transmissions and
I was wondering if this is done in any of the Sprite trannies.  If anyone
is interested, I have a doc describing the changes to the Alfa tranny.
Maybe this could be adopted to Sprites??  Is this needed or just another
wild idear??

BTW - I recently posted my Alfa pics here:
http://www.austin-healey-stc.org/alfa.htm
Sprite and 100/6 pics coming soon.

Jason.
'65 Sprite.