Another Spridget S a v e d!!!

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net> x-mac-creator=4D4F5353
Subject: Another Spridget S a v e d!!!
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 00:57:36 -0700
Today  friend Jim Coppage and I drove from Dixon and
Placerville CA to Reno to rescue a 1966 Sprite. It had
been a spares car and the owner needed to move.
Deadline was fast approaching, as was a bit of snow,
so our timing was perfect.

A California car, it is virtually rust-free and quite straight.
Ted had offered it for $200 and, after no replies, free
to a good home via MiniMania's listings.

Principal need is a 1275 motor to start with. Anyone
wanting a transverse A-type motor or other parts
and interested in exchanges please contact me.
How bout a rare Gibson Tenor Guitar? Eh?

Also a front bit and frame for a new top. Are the
round emblems for the bonnet/hood available?
Is there anyone on the list willing to share info
from Original Sprite/Midget book to help Jim in
keeping the car fairly authentic? We also hope to
find the paint name or code for the light yellow
so it can be repainted as first sold by BMCD in
San Francisco.

Jim will be here often to work on his car and
the benefit for me is to encourage me to get my
71 Midget back on the road with all the new goodies.

It ain't just misery that loves company!

David McCartney
71 MG Midget
72 Mini PU
69 AA wants a home