LBC Information Needed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC Information Needed
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:34:59 -0400 FILETIME=[BBD947D0:01C30A01]
Fellow listers and Bugeye owners - I need some informational help on my
concours restoration, if possible.  I have a LHD 1959 Bugeye, AN5L 20712.

First issue:  The B/E was purchased with a distributor that had no vacuum
advance.  I now have the correct distributor, painted it, and rebuilt it,
but I do not know the routing of the vacuum line from the carbs to the
distributor, going around the head.  I have searched several books and
manuals but none of them gives me a good view to see how this pipe is
routed.  I know the pipe has two clips, one a straight clip and the other a
longer clip bent 90 degrees.  One clip attaches to one of the head bolts,
and the other to some other bolt.  Also, I know the distributor end has a
threaded fitting with a compression ring for the pipe.  My 1 1/8" carbs have
a threaded fitting for the vacuum line on that end, but in some of the
literature they show a small length of rubber hose without clamps near the
carb end.  Can someone tell me the exact routing of the pipe, what bolts the
two clips attach to, and how the pipe connects to the carbs?

Second issue:  On a LHD Bugeye, the clutch and brake pipes are routed from
the master cylinder, against and across the top of the firewall just under
the water trough, over to the passenger side, and down the top of the
passenger footwell.  I know there are supposed to be clips holding the pipes
to the firewall, but during restoration, the holes for the clip screws got
welded over.  I think there are supposed to be two clips on the driver's
side and two on the passenger side, one for each pipe on each side.  Can
someone tell me where these clips are located - perhaps the distance from
the center of the firewall to each clip screw as well as the distance to the
screw from the bottom of the water trough?

Once I get the information, I'll let the list know so everyone isn't running
out to the garage needlessly.  Thanks, one and all.

Doug    ....o~'o

"I have thought too much to stoop to action." - Philippe Auguste Villiers.

"Each day do a little more than is expected of you, and soon more will be
expected of you." - Jackie Vernon.