Re: Coil spring removal

Subject: Re: Coil spring removal
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:44:59 -0500
Cc: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, James Dowling <jimdinalameda@hotmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
I have always used the jack method, with great results. I will put the jack
under
the A frame, raise the car and remove the wheel. Raise the car about another
foot
or better, and set a jack stand under the front corner of the footwell. Lower
the
car onto the jack stand. Now take loose what you want loose. With all adults,
small children, and pets (yeah, even the cat) out of the way, gently lower your
jack from in front of the car. I have not ever had one shoot out, but there is
no
point in taking that chance.
I am off to the Texas Motor Speedway for a swap meet and to tell lies with the
Lowry Brothers. It is gonna be a wonderful 86* today!! WooHoo!!
Brad