Re: Starter/Flywheel jamming

To: jamesa@HI-TORQUE.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starter/Flywheel jamming
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:48:43 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/03 3:27:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jamesa@HI-TORQUE.com writes:

> So...I'm assuming there is no cure for this situation other than to do what
> I should have done in the first place: bite the bullet and go for a new ring
> gear.

Don't know what year your car is, but on my 1500 the machine shop turned my
ring around on the flywheel and it works beautifully!  I mentioned this
before and those who have not tried it said it couldn't be done (ain't that
always the case?) but mine works great.  The reversal simply offered "new?
unchewed teeth to the starter gears.  In fact the machine shop that did it is
a racing machine shop and regularly does this operation.

--David C.