Timing / tuning

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Timing / tuning
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 15:35:30 -1000
Cc: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
I'm in the 15th month of my Bugeye w/ a 1275 CJ engine rebuild. At this time
I have the motor in, rebuilt carbs on and every thing set, right. Not so
right.

1) Dwell @ 60.3 deg.
2) Carbs. set by the book, all air holes( vac. advance/ breather pipes)
plugged. Throttle disc closed, choke has free play.
3) Timing set on the money.
4) TDC on #1 lines up with the marks on the pulley and case / the rotor is
just coming up to #1 plug wire.

It should run sweet with some minor carb adjustments, but the lowest RPM I
can get is 2300 RPM. I can bring in down by adjusting the timing, but when I
shut it down it runs on and back (?) fires though the carb.(timing).

This is not my first LBC, since the early sixties I've had and done most of
the work on a TD, two TR 3s, Hillmans and a AH 3000 (bt7) which I still
have. I am stumped and don't mind asking for outside HELP.

Thank you in advance.  Rog Smith         Hawaii