Re: [Fwd: Re: need cylinder head]

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: need cylinder head]
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:11:02 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
David Lieb wrote:
>  I would appreciate a good reliable and
> affordable place where I could send a head from one of my cars to get
> re-worked and/or unleaded-readied and know that it was not the first
> A-Series head the guy had seen and that I would be getting back the same
> head that I had sent in.

I have been using the same machinist, so have a few other list members.
He is no stranger to British cars and especially A series with me being
just around the corner. His basic charge for a head job is $100, no
parts. He just did mine with rim flow valves, it cost me $100 plus the
valves and guides which I supplied. He is currently doing a complete
engine for Kevin and recently did another head for some one who emailed
me, he might be a list lurker or he just knows me from shows/meets.
He doesn't get into shipping but you can ship stuff to me, I will drop
it off at his shop, report back to you via email and ship the finished
product back to you. But shipping heads across the country will probably
make this idea costly. At about $30 one way to ship a head I'm sure
there is a competent shop near most people on this list.
Then again, I trust Tim, his number is 732-573-0600 and I will recieve
and ship anybodys parts.
I am not affiliated with Tim's machine shop, just a long time happy
customer. And Tim is a car nut, his Father in Law owns an MGB. Tim is
into muscle cars, the kid who helps in the shop is into Womp-Womp cars.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ