Re: VIN and paint removal

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VIN and paint removal
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:08:50 -0700 (PDT)
RE:

--- Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com> wrote:
> The VIN is stamped on the right side front frame
> near the shock mount.

Since my dpo removed the vin plate, or, giving him the
benefit of the doubt, it fell off :-); I had a new one
made. Victoria British has the plates and if you need
the name of the guy who stamps new ones I will look it
up. BTW his policy is to only stamp numbers on it if
you can produce documentation that you have the title
in your name and send him a copy. It's a lot easier
than trying to explain why the vin on the frame is an
abbreviated form(mine had only the numbers and not the
letters). Mine did not match anyway but that's another
story.

cheers, bill b. '69 sprite.