Re: Damn! Stupid American Engineers. No LBC

To: spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Damn! Stupid American Engineers. No LBC
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 22:04:17 -0500
Cc: RBHouston@aol.com, DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
The check engine light came on in my V6 Ford Ranger while towing a rather
heavy trailer with a derelict MGA on it.  I took it to mean "check the
engine, you idiot, it isn't a V8!"

I've since bought a Dodge Diesel for all my towing needs.  It says right
on the gas cap to make sure it is tight or the check engine light will
come on.  According to a friend, earlier models didn't say this and he
did the dealer visit, too.

David Littlefield
1962 MGA MkII
1974 MG Midget vintage racecar