Moss turns over a new leaf??

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Moss turns over a new leaf??
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 16:19:48 EDT
In a message dated 5/4/03 11:37:52 PM, macleans@earthlink.net writes:

<< Moss also hands out gift certificates with
the prizes.  I also have $60 to spend a Moss for ill-fitting asian parts. >>

Kind of interesting.  Michael Grant, a representative from Moss attended the
California Healey Meet last weekend and besides talking individually to many
of us, he gave a short talk after the Saturday evening festivities.  In a
nutshell, what I got out of his talk was that Moss is aware of a merchandise
quality problem, particularly with items coming from the Orientand eastern
Europe.  They also understand our frustration with trying to do quality work
with low quality parts.  To this end, they have done some reorganizing and
made some policy changes that include:

They are expending more effort in finding quality parts and if such parts are
not available then letting the customer know what kind of quality they are
currently stocking.  This is just getting phased in, but look for some type
of quality rating in their new catalogs.  If you call in for parts, you
should expect to be informed if a part is not original type quality.

If you have a problem with a part, you should be directed to a new section at
Moss that wants to hear these problems.  Part of their intent is to have
customer feedback available to the sales staff so they can better help you in
parts selection.

The parts acquisition, sales, and feedback are all in one department under a
single head--the person who presented this information.

Sounds good when he says it.  At least it sounds like they are trying.
Please don't bombard me with horror stories, I'm only repeating the new
information.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"