E-bay second offer

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: E-bay second offer
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 16:17:48 -0700
Paul, Glen, listers...
E-bay actually has a service for it's sellers called "second chance offer"
where as a seller you can
offer the next highest bidder an opportunity to buy at their last offered
bid.  I think this feature
was an attempt to remedy the "flakey bidder" syndrome that occurs.  I have
never used this feature, but it is out there. Bidding fraud is also out
there, caveat emptor.
Curtis.

Hi All,

I missed getting an item on ebay recently, by being out bid.  Now the
seller/ebay has sent me an offer to buy the item because the top bidder
wasn't able to complete the transaction or buy the item, or the seller
had multiples of the item for sale.

Being outbid is OK with me but this leaves a suspicious aspect to an
auction item where someone bids up an item for a buddy and then offers
it to the next highest bidder.

Anyone else have this happen to them and what are some of your feelings
about this arrangement?

Later, Paul A