bugeye clutch slave question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: bugeye clutch slave question
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 17:10:45 -0400
Hi, I have been away from the list for a long time, but I know I can count on
the amazing collective knowledge of all for some advise. My bugeye project is
nearly done, 1275/ribcase combo in an otherwise stock looking car. my problem
is clutch hydraulics.  can I use a smaller clutch slave on the 1275 ribcase
(with the correct length rod of course) in order to make the  original size
hydraulic line match up? as the larger 1275 slave has a larger size hydraulic
fitting, or do I need to make up some sort of adapter to mate the two? I am
sure someone else has encountered this. By the way I have tried using an
adapter directly on the master cylinder, and using a larger diameter hydraulic
line, however this really doesn't look "right" and the pedal effort to depress
the clutch pedal is huge. I really want to retain the original size lines. Any
advise greatly appreciated