Re: My pride and joy, 1500 brake question

To: <SDOliner@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My pride and joy, 1500 brake question
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 22:00:43 -0400
David,

Glad to hear it finally got it home.

Moss Part number 141-720 is not the light switch.  That part is the Channel
failure switch as Capt Bob explained.  This part operates the little dash
light whenever the brake pressure in the two sides are not equal.  Unequal
pressure causes the slide inside to move one way or the other and this makes
the contact to energize the dash light.  To reset this light, the Haynes
manual procedure works great.  Basically while applying pedal pressure,
bleed (one side - I can't remember which) only until the light goes out. You
have just recentered the internal slide.

The brake light switch for a 1500 is screwed into the pedal box.  Moss part
number 181-980.  The brake pedal arm when depressed releases the switch and
brake lights come on.  Adjustment is just turning the switch in or out of
the pedal box (after loosen the lock nut).  Some have reported that the
brake pedal becomes offcenter on the switch and doesn't make contact.

Brent