aftermarket tach question

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: aftermarket tach question
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:05:15 -0700 (PDT)
Took the Sprite out for a drive this afternoon.
Exhilarating!! Now my fingernail on left middle finger
is sore from "thumping" the tach. Since my tach
doubles as my speedometer, and I don't want to fix the
speedo if I put in the Datsun transmission this
winter, it needs to work. I don't mind a bit of
fluctuation, I fluctuate alot myself, but it seems to
stop completely more than I would like.

Any of y'all have experience with a non-smith's tach
with a Pertronix ignition, or does it matter?

thanks, bill b. '69 Sprite 1275 with Pertronix ignition.