Re: Honda Electrical Problem - longish

To: "chuck" <cciaffone@earthlink.net>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Honda Electrical Problem - longish
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 15:55:56 -0400
ok here we go!  the plates in a bettery are hung over but not against tjhe
floor of the battery case.  sediments acumulate on the floor of the case.
if sediments ever come into contact with the plates thay short out the cell
that ocurs in.  also after long periods of being exposed to the acid the
plates begin to become more and more fargile.
all that stuff being shared, one of two thangs went down here!  either the
sediment shifted up on omne end of a cell and shorted a cell or a plate
broke in a cell from the impact.  hard hit or not what happened was just
enough to finish off the battery.  time ta geta new one!  that oughta fix'er
right up!  :)

chuck.
i just rode my harley for a test run (in the rain!)after 10 years in
storage!  (and it started right up with fresh fuel in the tank!  oh baby am
i elated!) !  now a new ignition sewitch, rear tire and a fuel petcock and
i'l lsave my money to reinsure and register it!  !!!!!   :)  :)