Re: Sprite Spree revisited 25 May 2003 08:09:02 -0400

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net (Charles Christ)
Subject: Re: Sprite Spree revisited 25 May 2003 08:09:02 -0400
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 11:07:50 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: kgb2@centurytel.net (Gary & Kathryn Bales), FUZZY95687@yahoo.com (Larry Pitts), spridgets@autox.team.net
LOL......."FUGOWI" (tribe)

That's it, Chuck!! I couldn't remember the
correct spelling! You got it....that's it!!

BTW....
"Fugowi's" ARE "certifiable".......just not certifiable under the
FAR's.....:)

But Kate is right....during my younger days when I was trying to become
"a man", I would never admit to being lost
and stopping in to ask directions......
"unthinkable"!! I mean you just could not
do this without admitting to being a total
failure as "a guy", possibly with leanings
to the "other side", if you know what I
mean (no offense intended, as in "not that
there is anything wrong with that"!).

Then I "grew up" and became a "human
being of the male persuasion".....and
stopped wasting everbody's time and trying everyone's patience wondering
around all over the place.....beoming more
po'd as things got worse rather than better.

The fact that most gas stations had coffee
might have accounted for the change, though there is no way to prove
this or to
know for sure!! Me....I think it was probably the presence of the
coffee.

As I look back on it, there was never a time when I was truly
lost....temporarily
disoriented, yes....but never lost. I was
always somewhere on or above the planet
earth at all times. The Chief Pilot always
used to wonder why I carried far more
fuel than the trip called for.

I told 'em I was just being safety concious
and conservative. I mean, I couldn't really
tell 'em the truth right? And the co-pilots
never complained. Since they were less
well paid and we all got paid by the flight
hour, they were easily converted to
"fugowi-ism" and their paychecks appreciated flying with Cap'n Bob......
'cause it always took longer to get there
once we figured out where the "fug" we
were so we could get the "fug" there,
sometime in the reasonably forseeable
future (before the gas ran out, anyway!:).

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)