Re: Sprite Spree revisited

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Sprite Spree revisited
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 08:40:05 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, Larry Pitts <FUZZY95687@yahoo.com>
When I first moved to Pennsylvania from Wyoming, via Arkansas, I
couldn't find my way around either. One of the worst parts was trying
to drive around Philly. Either somebody steals all the street signs
(and any posts to put them on) or Philly never had any money to put
them up in the first place.

Now the situation in the rest of the state AFAIK is about the same.

If you look at a map of Lansdale, you will see it is not even laid out
on a N-S, E-W basis. All the streets are off 45 (or 135, depending on
your point of view) degrees.

Then you have things like I-76 East (The Schuylkill Express) the
actually runs South into Philly. And I-95 is a N-S route, but in Philly
it runs E-W.

And we are far enough from the ocean that that doesn't help either.

I always suspected it was a Quaker plot to keep out the unwashed, but
in the Quaker areas, there are street signs everywhere.

THanks MapQuest ;-)

Larry

--

Larry Macy