clutch plate

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: clutch plate
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:54:59 -0600
Hello everyone,
I have a tuned 1275 (bored .060, cam Weber ,etc)that I am always having clutch
problems with. Has a ribcase tranny. 1" slave cylinder, Later master
cylinder.
It seems that the slave cylinder doesn't keep the fluid in & the master is
always low. The slave is new, & I just put a rebuild kit in it which worked
for about a week. The master was just rebuilt prior to installation 3 weeks
ago.
Any one have any ideas what the heck might be the problem?
Also, The clutch tends to slip when you shift too quickly (street racing)
unless you let off the gas for a moment during shifting. (kinda defeats the
purpose)
It was also slipping the other day on the highway as I was pulling hard in
4th.
The clutch disc, pressure plate & release bearing are all new last year. (yes
I know how to drive a stick)
Is there a stronger clutch system out there that I don't know about? What does
everyone else use?
Thanks for any and all help. I am getting tired of seeing it sit there looking
all forlorn in the driveway.
Alex
60 bugeye
61 midget