Re: NLBC-CPTV (What the "Fugowi" is CPTV?) Limerock

To: kgb2@centurytel.net (Gary & Kathryn Bales)
Subject: Re: NLBC-CPTV (What the "Fugowi" is CPTV?) Limerock
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 08:43:25 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Kate..

I tripped over a lot of things considering
a visit to the track always consisted of
a couple of the requisite beveragi!

Of course, we had to drive home later
in the day so one had to plan ahead in this
respect.

In those days I was driving a white MGA
equipped with wire wheels and an Abarth muffler. What a great car!

I used to sit on the hill above the "s's"
...absorbing sun and brew when not
roaming the pits to see what the guys
were doing with their cars and engines
while asking a lot of questions.

John Sirmons, and old high school buddy
of mine used ot race Formula Jr. once he
got his license so I spent a good deal of
time up there in those days.

Beautiful country. I'd often wonder a bit
off course to view the track when flying
overhead from time to time on our
flights coming down to LGA or JFK
from points North. Used to ski up in
that part of the country as well...place
was called Butternut and very close to
the track.

Fun days! :)  So, did you get any culture?

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)