Re: Painting bakelite

To: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Painting bakelite
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 20:58:42 -0700
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Dave,

I have refurbished and painted steering wheels with high gloss black
Dupli-Color engine enamel. Great results and durable. I don't see why
it wouldn't be good on knobs too if you can repaint the letters.
There used to be some special "stick" paint I used to use for that,
but it was too long ago to remember what it was called or where I got
it.

You do need to sand/scuff the bakelite well and I also use a
degreaser before applying paint.

Gerard