PCV direction of flow, was crankcase etc.

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: PCV direction of flow, was crankcase etc.
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:43:53 -0700 (PDT)
Bought a generic PCV valve at Auto Zone and I think it
is backwards. The threaded end, which I had planned on
screwing into the intake manifold allows very minimal
air to pass when suction is applied. When suction is
applied to the other end, the end I planned to attach
by hose to the canister at the front of the engine,
lots of air passes through the valve. This seems to be
backwards for the purpose of sucking air out of the
crankcase system.

Does this highly convoluted statement sound like it is
backward? or not?

thanks, bill b.