Re: Attaching hoist to engine

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Attaching hoist to engine
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 13:58:49 -0700 (PDT)
--- David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
> I want to know how you have attached a tilt bar to
an A-Series.

David,
    I don't use the tilt bar.  Using a piece of angle,
drill holes to match the manifold studs and then on
the top section drill a 3/8 hole about in the middle
of the angle.  Now using an old rear generator mount
or another piece of angle with proper attachment holes
drilled, bolt it to the 2 holes for the rear
generator/alternator holes, place your chain over the
valve cover with about 6 inches of clearance.  Attach
your lifting chain in the middle and it is easy to
tilt the engine by hand either with or without the
tranny attached.  Caution, be careful of the length of
the attachment bolts on the generator side as they
might bottom out and strip.

Bob