vintage motorsport award at VIR

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: vintage motorsport award at VIR
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 21:12:50 -0400
ironic or what?  the publication that will not send me 2 copies of the issue
that contains an article about my orange car chose to see fit to award me
one of the 6 "spirit of vintage racing" awards sunday morning just before we
went out for the "american specials" race.
i was darn choked up!   i mean seriously choked up!  it was awarded to me
for restoring and driving my father's sports racer "brand X" and reviving
the "H-modified / vintage D sports racer over the hill gang" that was
started by the late joe pucket. ( an organization dedicated to the history
and preservation of these small bore race cars)   the part that choked me up
was the realisation that i finally was driving my father's car in wheel to
wheel competition wich has been a dream for a very long time.  although i
DNF'd it still was a sucess!
chuck.
the wonderfull piece of etched / cut glass sits proudly on the top of the
entertainment center in my living room!  :)  ...c.