buy a lease car a really bad idea? No lbc

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: buy a lease car a really bad idea? No lbc
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 09:49:53 -0400
Gang,

  This is not LBC related, but I know you guys know everything there is
to know about cars :)

  I am looking to buy a used 2001-02 Suzuki XL-7 (I know, I know, but it
fits our needs well and is affordable). There is one near me that is
cheap (12,999). It is 4 wheel drive which is good. The price is right
and the miles are at 27,000 on a 2002. So I did a lemon check with the
vin and it turns out the car was a lease car and acquired those miles
all in one year.

  So, how bad is that? What kind of problems should I expect? Or do you
think it would be ok?

  I know I've heard you shouldn't buy a lease car, but I don't know why.
27,000 miles doesn't seem like much, but I admittedly don't know
anything about the potential problems from them being in one year.

  If I decide against this car then I have to go to a <gulp> minivan! ;
}  That's what happens when you have your third kid on the way. (the
other XL-7 in my area is a 2001 w/38,000 miles for $15,900, but trying
to keep payments low and didn't want to go this high)

Any advice is appreciated, feel free to respond off list.

Thanks!

Amy
67 Sprite MkIV