Re: eBay Fraud Attempt - NO LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: eBay Fraud Attempt - NO LBC
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:09:50 -0700
A little over a month ago, my eBay acount was pirated by someone in Texas.
I would have had no knowledge of this had not the buyer of a motorcycle that
I was not aware I even owned, let alone intended to sell, phoned me to
confirm that, even though the motorcycle was located in Oregon, I really did
want payment wire transferred to a bank in Texas. Now get this - AT NO TIME
DID MY EBAY INDICATE THAT I WAS SELLING ANYTHING! Had the buyer not phoned,
I would have had no indication that anything was amiss until I received my
next credit card statement for the listing & commission. Since Gary is an
active eBayer, I probably would not have questioned the charges. This
morning I received an official looking email advising me that my eBay
account information was inaccurate. Thanks to our noble Cap'n, and his
warning a week or so ago, I sent the suspicious letter directly to eBay,
rather than attempting to answer it. If all goes well, here is the response
that I received.

Kate