Re: 2 - Re: Golden Sprite Poll

To: Guy Weller <Guy.Weller@kencomp.net>, TeachJP@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2 - Re: Golden Sprite Poll
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:35:24 -0400
On Saturday 21 June 2003 07:09 am, Guy Weller wrote:
> Dean,
> You have an interesting view of the world.
> I agree with your comments about commitment etc to your Sprite, but this is
> not the same as being able to spend either the time or the cash that some
> would need to commit to make it to this event.

This is not about being overly commited to your car or the chance of winning a
car.   This is a once in a lifetime event.

> I would love to be there.  I am totally nuts about my car. But I do have
> other responsibilities in life ( job, family, cats etc) that inhibit the
> likelehood of being able to travel to USA to attend.
> I know I would be the one loosing out in this but it seems extra-tough not
> to have the chance to win THE car!

As a hypothetical, Suppose we follow your rational to the point that you win
the car and you are comfortably at home petting you cat.   How do you intend
to get the car back to the UK?

Is it at this point that you suddenly find the time to come to the States so
that you can get your prize home?

Would it not be better that you come over here in the first palce,  maybe meet
a few people, build some friendships.  Perhaps some could even help you get
the car to docks and loaded onto the shipping container.

> Just a thought....why not hold the 50th aniversary Sprite Spree at
> Abingdon, UK. That would seem an appropriate place and  I could make it to
> that. Would you be there Dean?   -I could probably even afford to by you a
> drink!

One would think that the enthisiasts in the UK would be having a similiar
event.  Are they?

Is my view of the world getting more interesting now?