Re: Golden Sprite Poll, chuck's take on the thang!

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Golden Sprite Poll, chuck's take on the thang!
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:40:36 +0100
Cc: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <dhedin@ieee.org>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I've been quiet since I think I stirred Dean up a bit too much.
In reality I confess I am not good about making comitments to anything 5
years ahead.  I don't even plan next week's holiday before next Monday!
(comes from being a professional Project Manager I guess!)

Given the original point which was a proposal that the raffle for the Golden
Sprite should be limited to those actually attending Sprite Spree.

I think my real point was I don't think I, or Dean, or anyone else should be
judgemental over other peoples' circumstances that control their decision to
attend or not. How can any one of us truely judge another's circumstance in
this? It really is for them to decide.
Equally I dislike the implied blackmail in the concept of - If you don't
come to the party we won't let you have a chance of winning.

Anyway, it isn't that serious a matter to argue over.  I certainly hope, and
believe, that Sprite Spree will be the massive success that it should be. I
may be there. I would love to be there. The chance to win the car would be
nice, but won't be the deciding factor either way!

I would like the opportunity to win it.  Then, if I had been "unable" to
come to Sprite Spree I could come over to the States and take the car on a
5,000 mile shake - down drive around your fantastic country, meeting up with
all the listers on route! Now that would be the trip of a lifetime!!

Happy Sprite-ing!
Guy