No LBC: Anybody in Yorkshire?

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: No LBC: Anybody in Yorkshire?
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:04:37 -0400
Are any of you UK listers in Yorkshire? Apparently my cousin made the
June 23 "Yorkshire Post". My uncle, aunt, 3 cousins, and 2 of their
friends are touring England and are in Yorkshire now. I'm not sure
exactly when this happened - Friday night I think - but when they went
out to eat for the evening one of my cousins (Michael - 16) wanted to
stay at the hotel, so the rest went on without him. They came back and
he was gone. After waiting until about 11PM for him to return they
called the police and searches went out for him. They finally found him
at 2AM at the bottom of a 50 foot embankment with a broken leg.
Apparently he went running (he's into track and field) and fell over the
bank. Luckily he remained conscious. Had a 3 hour surgery to put a pin
in his leg and a CAT scan today - last I heard they think he has a
cracked pelvis. My mother (of all people!) searched online and found the
Yorkshire Post web page and a story about him earlier today. She just
called an told me about it, but by now it's tomorrow in England and the
June 24 issue is online and the archive search doesn't work so I can't
find it.

So if any of you saw an article about a clumsy American tourist breaking
a leg there, it's my cousin!

Eddie
1971 Midget - Bebop