Re: Sprite rollbar installation, Episode 2, part c

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite rollbar installation, Episode 2, part c
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:59:28 -0700 (PDT)
Guy Day wrote:
....the unwanted holes should
> not materially weaken the
> frame/body ... they will be areas
> vulnerable to the dreaded
> ferrous oxide worm, welding them up may be a better
> long term bet (because
> you'll treat the area with a zinc rich undercoat and
> proper top surface
> afterwards! <grin>).

Ah yes, music to my ears. Since I always take care to
do it right, not like some slugs who always try to
take the easy way out and skip through the process,
having to go back later to fix their messes.

I will be careful to scrape and inspect each surface
that may have been affected by the drilling, pretreat
them with a rust neutralizing chemical before applying
the afore-mentioned zinc rich undercoat. Of course I
always apply a thick coat of rubberized protectant to
prevent chips in the undercoat.....or I could just
rely on the dry conditions in this part of the state
to inhibit the rust process. Oh, which to do, which to
do?
:-)

cheers, bill b.