More on oil coolers?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: More on oil coolers?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:07:45 EDT
I am thinking of installing an oil cooler in front of the radiator of my 1275
Bugeye. I will have to cut the bottom of shroud on the bonnet back about  2
inches, But this being a non stock bugeye, that doesn't concern me.

I am not concerned about oil pressure, but having driven an overheating 948,
I was hoping that the oil cooler would help keep the engine cool. I actually
haven't taken the 1275 out on a long hot drive yet. Will putting the oil cooler
in front of the radiator, cut down the cooling done by the radiator?

In this postion the hose fittings are facing up, so I guess I will have to
take the cooler out to drain it, when I change the oil.

David Oliner