Actual LBC content (caution electrics)

To: "\"Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net\" <spridgets@autox.team.net> \"'team-thicko@autox.team.net'\"" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Actual LBC content (caution electrics)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:15:26 -0600
I am going through the ignition system on the 1500. And I am rewiring
the entire system. First question, What is the function of the wire
from the plus terminal of the coil to the starter solenoid? Second
question is 16 gauge wire sufficient for the line between the ignition
switch and the coil? what about from the start button to the solenoid?
I can use 12 gauge but it only comes in black (thus thwarting my clever
color code scheme.)

This is all related to the larger ignition (I think) problem I'm
having. While in my garage I can rev the engine in neutral up to 3 to
5000 Rpm and it doesn't miss. When I get the car to the track and
attempt to accelerate under load, It misses horribly, what's freaky is
I can wind it to 5000 RPM but it just has absolutely no power. I mean
it's like struggling to reach 55 mph at the end of what should be an 80
mph strait.
I'm running a Pertronix inside a 25D dizzy with only centrifugal
advance (vacuum  advance disabled) with initial timing set at 9 degrees
BTDC.
The Pertronix runs  to a Bosch blue super coil. (no ballast  resistor.)

  Any ideas?

--
Jay Shaffer
ITC #66